Thursday, October 9, 2008

UTAH - Salt Lake City

Today Lloyd had his photo taken in front of his 19th state capital building.

After the photo we went inside and had a tour of the building. It was renovated 4 years ago and made earthquake proof as well as uncovering a lot of original architecture. We drove by Temple Square after we left the capital.
The city is about 10 miles east of the Great Salt Lake, and since I had never seen it we drove out to a view point along I 80. The land mass is Antelope Island.
The lake is so large that you can not see land on the other side of it.
On the way home Lloyd's motorcycle turned over 100,000 miles so we stopped to get a photo of it. We were just exiting I 15 and going onto Highway 50 in the town of Scipia, Utah when it happened. I'm glad it didn't turn over while on interstate 15!



No comments: